Friday 10 August 2012

The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons


The Bronze Horseman (Tatiana and Alexander, #1)

The Bronze Horseman

Synopsis 

The golden skies, the translucent twilight, the white nights, all hold the promise of youth, of love, of eternal renewal. The war has not yet touched this city of fallen grandeur, or the lives of two sisters, Tatiana and Dasha Metanova, who share a single room in a cramped apartment with their brother and parents. Their world is turned upside down when Hitler's armies attack Russia and begin their unstoppable blitz to Leningrad.


Yet there is light in the darkness. Tatiana meets Alexander, a brave young officer in the Red Army. Strong and self-confident, yet guarding a mysterious and troubled past, he is drawn to Tatiana--and she to him. Starvation, desperation, and fear soon grip their city during the terrible winter of the merciless German siege. Tatiana and Alexander's impossible love threatens to tear the Metanova family apart and expose the dangerous secret Alexander so carefully protects--a secret as devastating as the war itself--as the lovers are swept up in the brutal tides that will change the world and their lives forever.


Review

OH.MY.FREAKING.GOD

WOW. This book was... STUPENDOUSLY FREAKING AMAZING!!!

BOY. Did I have emotions all over the place? HELL YEAH! 
When I hated someone (character) it is mean of me to say but I was really, REALLY hoping they died because when innocent children, brave soldiers and women died because of the hazards of war; had died and those nasty selfish bunch of people lived it broke my heart. I really wanted Dasha to die or open her effing eyes like SERIOUSLY how much blind can you be but than there is Dimitri... Oh my god don't get me started on DIMITRI, he gets the highest place in my hate list. He freaking wins first prize. I wanted him to die the most. My mind was screaming for justice. It wasn't fair that true love would be killed in this senseless battle where there is no free will.

When love is being sacrificed for Dasha who only thinks about herself.
Where falling in love is dangerous, painful but beautiful. 
Where Alexander and Tatiana meet and after being lost for so long and FINALLY finding their home, the other half of there soul. 
Where heart sings for for each other. 


“Tania, you are my miracle, you know that, don’t you? You are the one God sent me to give me faith.” He paused. “He sent you to redeem me, to comfort me, and to heal me—and that’s just so far,”

Paullina Simons (2010-11-30T23:00:00+00:00). The Bronze Horseman (Kindle Locations 9353-9354). HarperCollins. Kindle Edition. 


The Bronze Horseman left me...

BROKEN. ELATED. BEAT. CONSUMED. HURT. LOVED. SAD. WANTING. A MESS. OVERWROUGHT. TEAR FILLED EYES. 

And HATRED FOR THOSE WHO STAND IN THE WAY OF MY ALEXANDER AND TATIANA!!! 

I honestly feel like my hate list of villains pales against my hatred of Dimitri in this book. I at first hated Dasha but as I read further and further into the book Dimitri takes first place. I will be honest since the first time I met Dimitri I hated him on sight because I thought he might come between them but would have been is harmless. HARMLESS MY FOOT! I honestly wanted to whack my head against the wall because I thought and believed that he would be the annoying person buzzing around however all he wanted to use people for his own gain. He didn't care about anything but himself and having power over people. 

One of my favorite questions is when Tatiana asks herself: 

What do you hope for?
What do you believe in?
But most important, what do you love?

This is something we should all ask ourselves perhaps it might help you understand what you want and need more than anything else in the world. 

I love this one ;) 

“A bus came. The soldier turned away from her and walked toward it. Tatiana watched him. Even his walk was from another world; the step was too sure, the stride too long, yet somehow it all seemed right, looked right, felt right. It was like stumbling on a book you thought you had lost. Ah, yes, there it is.”

This song just reminds me of Alexander and Tatiana fits them perfectly: 

Another one:


If I find any more it will be updated on here :)

You can buy Bronze Horseman here:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Bronze-Horseman-Paullina-Simons/dp/0061031127

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/bronze-horseman-paullina-simons/1100243502?ean=9780061854149


No comments:

Post a Comment