Saturday 30 March 2013

In The Air by Crystal Serowka




~Synopsis~

It all began on a New York City sidewalk. It was so surreal. Juilliard, the enormous brick building that held my dreams and the possibilities of my future. I was prepared for the challenges ahead. What I didn’t expect was to lose my focus the second I met him. Living the dance was no longer the only important thing in my life.

The City opened my eyes, but he transformed me.

Two dancers. One big city. He was determined to make a new start. She was ready to make it in the ballet world. Neither expected love to play a part in achieving their dreams. They also didn't expect it to be so destructive. Samson and Natalia took the leap anyway, not worrying about the fall.




Add to your TBR list!



~Review~

This will be a very difficult review to write because I couldn’t seem to love it as much as I expected. From the synopsis to the teasers I was so hyped up for it and I am truly sad to say but it didn’t come up to my expectations. There is so much more that ITA could have done. There was poor character development (I wanted more from Natalia and Samson and it was rushed to be honest, if it were given more of a stronger plot, got into the character heads a little more, got to know them, live them, it could have been better. I really wanted to see them fall in love, like I really didn’t see it happen it was like it was told to me. The writing was amateurish to me, needs more work. The writing style didn't sit well with me. 

I liked it because it had some potential but it wasn't taken very far with it. Like the plot for one, it could have gone further. Length of the book doesn't really matter if you use all what you can give and let it flow well. So when readers intake it, it stays there. I wanted more, didn't get it. The connections with the main character was really lacking. I felt like I truly didn't get a piece of them while reading, they were hidden but in front of me. I got a little tiny piece but not in depth. I wanted that. I wanted to see more of their dances as partners in practice, their interactions that made them fall for each other, it was like pieces of the puzzle missing. Ballet is a sexy dance form to see and dance if there were more dances with a lot more sexual tension between them both. I would have loved to see that. I wanted to see a little more fulfilling of their dreams, some more family drama, as they claim they're dealing with, the angst of the characters. These are the reasons that kept me from truly enjoying it.  

Let me try ending on a better side and shed the light to the things I really liked where more than 2 POV's besides the main characters, it was a risk to take because it can easily mess up (one thing I need to add is that if there was a little more of Kingsley and Audrey there were only couple chapters of Kingsley and Audrey, it could have been used better). Another thing I liked is Kingsley, she was a  real nice treat to have, she obviously wouldn't be most liked with they way she acts but she is like an open book isn't two faced, she doesn't give a care about what people thinks and lives her life the way she wants. I love that. Her personality is so awesome. If there is a book on her, sign me up for it. I would love to read her book. Audrey obviously annoyed me she needs to grow the hell up. 

My Verdict?  3 Stars. 

*ARC provided by the author for an honest review* 

No comments:

Post a Comment