Sunday, 3 March 2013

Relentless Blog Tour Stop






~Synopsis~

Claire Nixon is a twenty-year-old college dropout with a secret.

To Claire, Adam Parker is just another flirty customer at the cafe, until a chance encounter and seemingly innocent comment spurs a bet between them. The bet is simple: If Adam can get Claire to reveal the secret that made her drop out of college, she has to re-enroll. If he doesn’t succeed, she gets to keep her secret and he has to stop stalking her at the cafe.

Claire thinks she has this one in the bag. She’s perfected the art of forgetting her past. But she isn’t prepared for Adam’s relentless pursuit or for him to share his own secrets. And she’s definitely not prepared for her rock star ex, and her secret, to come banging down her door one year later. 

Goodreads    


~Excerpt~ 
-Chapter Three-

The tires squeal, skidding across the asphalt as the truck plunges toward me. I’m frozen as I wait for the impact. I close my eyes and the first and only thought that crosses my mind is that this was inevitable. I’m finally being punished for my sins.
The squealing stops and my nose fills with the stench of burnt rubber. I open my eyes as I feel the heat of the engine against my arm. The grille of the truck is inches away from me and a cloud of smoke surrounds the front of the truck. I hear a car door opening, but I can’t see anyone approaching through the smoke until he’s right in front of me, Jack Dawson.
“Are you all right?” he asks. I’m shaking with adrenaline, but I don’t have a scratch on me. I nod and he grabs my arms. “You look like you’re in shock. I should take you to the hospital.”
“No!” I shout as I shrug my arms out of his grasp. “I’m fine. I just want to go home.”
“I’ll take you.”
“You almost killed me!”
He lets out a sheepish chuckle and it infuriates me. “Which is why you should let me take you home, so you don’t step in front of any more moving vehicles.”
“You think it’s funny that you almost murdered me?”
“It would have been manslaughter. And, hey, I saved you from that ‘roid junkie this morning. I guess this balances that out. Now everything is right with the universe.” I curl my lip in disgust and he smiles as he nods toward the cabin of the truck. “Come on. I’ve already tried to manslaughter you once tonight. I promise I won’t try again for at least another twelve hours. You’re safe for now.”
I roll my eyes as I walk toward the passenger door. He skips after me and opens the door for me to climb in. I step into the truck, using the handgrip to pull myself up, and bounce down into the seat. It smells like the coconut-scented sunblock I’ve had to purchase by the case since moving to Wrightsville Beach. He shuts the door and I flinch, still jumpy from nearly being mowed down by this monster.
He slides into the driver’s seat, but his hands make no move for the ignition. “Why were you running across the street in the middle of the night without looking both ways?”
“I was just walking home from a party. Can we go now?”
“A party? Are you drunk?”
“I don’t drink.”
He cocks an eyebrow as he studies me, as if his gaze is the equivalent of a Breathalyzer test.
“Hey, I’m not going to sue you, if that’s what you’re worried about.”
“I’m not worried.”
Ugh. This guy is annoyingly cocky.
“Let me take you to lunch today to make up for almost killing you.”
I turn to look through the rear window of the truck. Where are all the cars? Not that this street is exactly buzzing past midnight, but I’m beginning to think I’m never going to get home if someone doesn’t come along and force him out of this intersection.
“I’m sleeping in today.”
He tilts his head inquisitively. “What do you mean by sleeping in?”
“I mean curtains drawn, eye mask on, electronic devices switched off. Dead to the world sleeping in,” I say as I pull the house keys out of my purse and set the purse on the floor next to my feet.
“Sounds serious.”
“Sleep is serious.”
“What are you some kind of health nut?”
“I like getting my rest after a night of partying.”
“You just said you weren’t drinking.”
“Are you going to keep asking me questions or are you going to take me home? ‘Cause I can walk.”
He smiles as he turns the key in the ignition and pulls the truck forward. “Cora was right about you,” he says, then reaches across the console and shakes my knee.
I slap his hand away, accidentally jabbing him with the keys in my hand. “Hey, there’s this thing called personal space. And how do you know Cora?”
“I don’t believe in personal space. Separateness is an illusion. We are all connected.” He turns to me and flashes me a cunning smile as he pulls into my apartment complex. “Welcome home.”
There is only one way he would know where I live and also know Cora.
“You’re the new tenant?”
He continues to grin as he guides his truck into the parking space next to Senia’s empty space and kills the engine. A million sarcastic remarks about living underneath the person who nearly murdered me whiz through my brain, but I keep them to myself. If there’s one thing I hate it’s getting on bad terms with a neighbor. I never had neighbors growing up in the middle of nowhere with my mom. When I stayed with Senia for a few months after dropping out, I couldn’t believe how friendly her family was with their neighbors. They have parties almost every weekend together. Cora has practically become a surrogate grandmother to me. The least I can do is show her new tenant some courtesy.
“Well, then, welcome home to you, too,” I say, determined not to let our neighborly relationship get any more awkward.
He glances down at the steering wheel, unimpressed with my attempt at easing the tension. “Don’t you want to know what Cora said about you?”
I open the car door and slide out of the truck, letting out a small grunt as I land on the pavement. “Nope. I think I’ll let Cora tell me herself. Goodnight….”
“Adam,” he says. “I’ll tell you my last name at lunch.”

~Character's POV~

-Chris-

I toss the empty Capri-Sun pouch into the waste bin under the kitchen sink then gaze at Claire across the kitchen island. She’s sitting cross-legged on the barstool. Claire is the only person I’ve ever known who has to sit cross-legged at all times. It’s one of the quirks I love the most about her.
“What are you grinning at?” she says as she looks up from the magazine she’s reading.
“Why do you read that shit? None of those girls are as beautiful as you.”
“I read it for the articles.”
I round the island and stand behind her as I wrap my arms around her waist. “I know a few articles I’d like to do away with today,” I say as I bury my face in her neck and taste her skin. “Happy birthday, baby.”
“Stop. What if your mom walks in?” she says as she pries my arms off her and pushes me back.
“They just left. They won’t be back for at least three hours. Come upstairs with me.” I spin the barstool around so she’s facing me. “Please.”
She narrows her eyes at me as a smile curls her lips. She grabs the front of my shirt and pulls me toward her.
Her lips hover over mine as she whispers, “Okay, but only if you promise not to sing the birthday song.”
I laugh before I plant a quick kiss on her lips. “Asking me not to sing to you on your birthday is like asking me not to breathe. Not gonna happen.” I grab her hand and pull her off the stool. “Come on, babe.”
I grab her hand and she follows me upstairs to her bedroom. My mom doesn’t know shit about us, but I’m going to tell her as soon as Claire gives me the all-clear. I can’t stand keeping this kind of secret. I want to everyone to know how much I love Claire.
We get to her room and she starts straightening up, putting away clothes and straightening the pictures of us she has tucked in the frame of her mirror. I come up behind her and press my body against her as I reach for a picture of us. I slip the picture out of the mirror frame and hold in front of her face. It’s a picture of us in front of the movie theater the day we went to see Iron Man 2. She was wearing a T-shirt I bought her and I remember how hard it was to not touch her as Jake took the picture. Of course, inside the theater the “no touching” rule didn’t apply.
I hold the picture up in front of her face as I kiss the back of her neck. “This was one of my favorite days. This is the day you told me you loved me.”
She spins around and looks me in the eye. “Yeah, but I loved you for a long time before that.”
I toss the picture onto the floor and grab the back of her neck as I mash my lips against hers. Her tongue slides over mine and I instantly get hard.
“Fuck,” I whisper as I pull her toward the bed and lay her down.
She wraps her arms around my neck as I put one of my legs between hers and lie on top of her. I slip my hand under her shirt and her skin prickles with goose bumps. She’s so fucking soft. I slide my hand farther up and her body goes rigid.
“I love you,” I whisper against her lips and she immediately pushes me off.
I sigh as I lie back next to her.
“I’m sorry,” she says as she stares at the ceiling. “I’m just scared that it’s going to hurt and then I’ll feel different about you. I don’t want to feel like you’ve hurt me.”
I flip onto my side and kiss her cheekbone as I slip my hand under her shirt again, eager to feel her skin again. I try not to be possessive with Claire. That’s not what she needs. And I’m pretty good at knowing what Claire needs. I trace my finger around her bellybutton and she smiles.
“I could never hurt you. You’re my Claire-bear,” I say. “But I can’t fucking lie. I want to be inside you so bad.” I continue tracing a light circle, imagine my fingers between her legs and this hard-on is getting unbearable. “I want to make you feel as good as you make me feel.” I lift her shirt and lay a soft kiss on her belly. Her skin is warm against my lips. I want her so bad. “But I’ll wait as long as it takes.”
She brushes my hair out of my face as my lips hover over her belly. “I love you,” she whispers and I scoot up to plant a quick kiss on her temple before I spring off the bed.
“I’ll be right back, babe,” I say as I leave to get my guitar. 


~Character Top Ten Favorite Things~

Top Ten Favorite Things – Claire Nixon
           1.  Meditation
           2.  Adam’s jokes
           3.  The way Chris toys with his tongue piercing
           4.  Music
           5.  Living with her best friend, Senia
           6.  The way Adam smells
           7.  Water
           8.  Cora’s Midwestern wisdom
           9.  Adam’s face scruff
         10.  The beach
  
Top Ten Favorite Things – Adam Parker
           1.   Surfing
           2.   Making Claire laugh
           3.   Family
           4.   Architecture
           5.   Competing
           6.   MTV
           7.   Making Claire scream
           8.   Sunset
           9.   Pretending to be a celebrity chef
          10.  Traveling

Top Ten Favorite Things – Chris Knight
           1.   Claire
           2.   Music
           3.   His guitar, Lucille
           4.   His dog, Mr. Miyagi
           5.   His tattoo artist, Shayla
           6.   Seafood
           7.   Jimi Hendrix
           8.   Japan
           9.   Racing motorcycles
          10.  Reading


~Playlist~

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEhBKfTpTJyTr6f1EPpbdX7Vd2iY7OmuP


~Review~

Relentless was amazing. I LOVED IT. It had grabbed my attention right from the beginning. This book wasn't predictable at all. Had me guessing right from the start. First off if you haven't already figured it out I am Team Chris. I'll be honest, I was Team Adam at first but it was only because I didn't know much about Chris however after reading it and giving a few days away from and thinking about Relentless I was jolted into the realization that I am Team Chris. (HA! I like Adam too but Chris took my heart away) The final nail in that decision is Top Ten Favorite Things of Chris Knight, he (my man here) put Claire first. Adam put her second but it was only making her laugh. So come on how can I not be on my man's side, like seriously. 

Another point that works well on his side is that he was there for Claire from the beginning, *****spoiler***** wrote songs about her. He is madly in love with her STILL. *****end of spoiler***** 

Claire has had a difficult past and some things from her past are unravelling along the way. Meditation is her way of coping with it all. Hence her first fav of 10 things. She has really tough decisions to make in book 2 and in book 3. Since I am Team Chris I hope its in the favour of my man. (LOL) If you know me well, you will know I have to thing for guys who sing and write songs. 

I really have no complains or conflicts for this book, I truly enjoyed and loved it. A beautiful story that pulled my heartstrings. 

This is actually my first book I have read of Cassia Leo I was pleasantly surprised with how much I came to love the characters and Relentless. 

After you read Relentless check out the songs in the end that Chris wrote. LOVE THEM. Mhmm.. I just might go back and read it again. Excuse me while I go start swooning over his words. (LOL) 

Buy Relentless here: 

(Also Relentless is on sale on Amazon for 99 cents. It will go back to $2.99 on March 18th, I believe so. Just get it ASAP the book is that GOOD, even when its $2.99). 


All Romance

I can't leave without giving my verdict can I?! 


5 BEAUTIFUL HEART STRINGS PULLING STARS 



~Giveaway~

Enter to win one signed paperback here only!! 
(International, everyone can enter) 




-Grand Prize-

One iPad Mini 
$25 iTunes or Amazon giftcard
5 autographed paperbacks



About the Author: 
Cassia Leo grew up in Florida and moved to California after graduating with a degree in journalism. She worked at two small newspapers before discovering her passion for writing romance. Her favorite color is lavender and her dream is to one day score a record deal based on her awesome shower singing skills.


Author Contact Info:


http://cassialeo.com




12 comments:

  1. I read almost all genres within the Romance category my favorites are Contemporary, Historical, and Erotica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer to read Young Adult and New adult :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all genres, but especially YA/NA, but I keep an open mind and I'm willing to try something new.

    Nicoleta D.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Relentless looks like an amazing book. Love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite are YA and NA. I'm not afraid to read outside of those genres if the synopsis catches my eye or if one of my favorite bloggers recommends it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. my favourite is anything romantic!! ya/na!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I mostly read Romance, usually NA or Contemp. I do read YA and some PNR and, surprisingly, some erotica (which I didn't realize until after reading)...I like most anything except memoirs, biographies and other non-fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ROMANCE ... IS THE BEST FOR ME ... I JUST mmmm LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I generally read NA, contemporary or YA romance. I also like romantic suspense and erotica. Just depends on what mood I'm in. Thank you for an awesome giveaway!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Romance.... Contemporary Romance ;) anything with a love story

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some of my fav genres are contemporary, erotic, NA, and YA romance :)

    tess_halim(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete