Saturday 23 March 2013

Sins & Needles by Karina Halle



Synopsis

Ellie Watt is used to starting over. The daughter of a grifting team, Ellie spent her childhood being used as a pawn in her parents' latest scam. Now she’s much older, wiser and ready to give her con artist life a rest. But returning to the dry desert town of Palm Valley, California means one more temptation than she bargained for – Camden McQueen. Once known as the high school weirdo, Camden is bigger and badder than the boy he used to be and a talented tattoo artist with his own thriving business. Ellie’s counting on Camden still being in love with her but what she’s not counting on is how easily unrequited love can turn into obsession over time. When Camden discovers Ellie’s plan to con him, he makes her a deal she doesn’t dare refuse, but her freedom comes with a price and it’s one that takes both Ellie and Camden down a dangerous road.

***The Artists Trilogy is a dark and sexy contemporary ride about three flawed individuals caught in a world where it's so easy to justify the bad things we do. This is a pure adult read (Not YA or NA).

This is the 1st book in the trilogy. It is followed by the novella On Every Street (released in March 2013) and the sequel Shooting Scars (released in May 2013). The third and final book in the series will also be released in 2013.*** 

Add to your TBR list

Review

Wow!! What a wild ride; that kept me at the edge until it was done. Even though there wasn’t a major cliffhanger, the last line just left me wanting more, what will happen next, I am dying to know. There is action, lies, backstabbing, steamy tension, that leave you breathless for more.
Those who know me, know I really hate weak MC they drive me nuts. I love strong ones, badass, with attitude is a bonus and this just about sums Ellie. She had a difficult life, parents that are outlaws and an accident that cost her leg and gave her scars. She hates showing them, she hated the stares most of all she wanted revenge and she got it but with more problems to add.  

Ellie Watt is con artist and one of the best. She's spent her entire life being on the run from the people she's framed and she's spent her entire life being someone else.

"I'm not a bad. The world is bad, and I'm just trying to survive in it."

Now, she has decided it is time for her to go back to her roots, spent some time with her uncle, commit one final scam (that she reminds herself) and maybe start a new life away from the problems that come along with being on the run the entire time.

"I don't think I'd ever gone on a vacation my whole life. I was always working, always on. It was a full-time job pretending to be someone else."

Is it easy for a con artist to forget their ways and continue their lives leaving the bad habits and being normal for once, this is obviously a challenge for her.

"This will be the last time. I've said that before. I've said it a lot. I've said it while talking to myself in the mirror like some Tarantino cliché."

She meets with her high school friend Camden McQueen. The boy that was skinny, outcast in his school with the way he was dressed grew up in to HOT guy with tattoos!

"He was like a living, breathing painting on an all-male canvas."

Knowing that boy has changed from what she left in high school now he is a successful tattoo artist naturally he becomes her next victim after seeing his tattoo salon and how much money he has in his cashier, she plans to get close to him and scam him in taking his money little does she know how well Camden knows her, instead of him being the victim its Ellie.

There is so much to the story and I don’t want to spoil it but it’s amazing, I loved it. So go read more and find out what the hype is about S & N! 

My Verdict? 5 brilliant action, steamy and complicated love Stars

My favorite quotes:

“That's the trouble with pain, Ellie. If you're lucky, you can wear it for all the world to see. Most people have their pain deep inside, in places no one ever goes. Not until it's too late."

**********

“We all make our own paths in life. Everyone we meet, everything we do, it changes us. It makes us who we are. And, if we're lucky, we're given the chance to make things right.”

**********

"I have to live with my mistakes but I don't have to regret them. I regret my actions but I can't regret the consequences. We all make our own path in life. Everyone we meet, everything we do, it changes us. It makes us who we are. And, if we're lucky, we're given the chance to make things right again."

**********

“Beautiful, sad, wounded, and lost… A freak, a work of art, a liar, and a lover.”

His gaze was starting to eat away at my insides. Razor-blade butterflies whirled in my heart.

“I hate you, Ellie Watt,” he whispered, lips coming closer to mine, “Because I still love you after all these years.”

**********

Buy here: 
Amazon
Barnes & Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment